Saturday, March 15, 2008

Dress Drama

I found and ordered my wedding dress in the end of November from a little boutique in Lancaster called Perfect Weddings. I fell in love with this dress and was measured and ordered it that day. I was so happy I had finally found my dress because I had been looking everywhere and never had any luck. The lady at the counter told me the longest the dress would take to be made was 3 months. So she wrote my number down and said that they would call me when the dress was in. March rolled around and no call about my dress. I wanted to be able to try on my dress and have plenty of time to get the alterations done before the wedding so I wouldn't have to rush around. So I called the store last week and asked them if they could tell me when my dress would be in. She said yes and the lady on the other end of the phone told me that my dress had been in since January. I said "JANUARY!!" I calmly but quite sternly asked the woman why I never had received a phone call informing me that my wedding dress that was fully paid for was done. She sarcastically replied that there had been a postcard mailed out to me in January. (I obviously didn't reveive this "postcard") A POSTCARD! Hello! Why wouldn't someone had called me like they said? I guess I will never know. But I do know that I was pretty upset. I had to then rush around and find my undergarments(which is not an easy task with my size) in one week since I had to schedule my alteration fitting that next week in case the alterations would take longer than expected. And if you know me I am a planner and I don't like to be rushed to do important things. So I was not a happy camper. But the dress did turn out beautiful and now I just have to wait for the alterations to be done, then I will have to try it on again and hopefully that wiil be the last fitting.

2 comments:

Tam-e said...

How exciting! Can't believe they didn't call! What color are your bridesmaids dresses? I know that they are blue but I was trying to remember what kind of blue. I thought we would try and coordinate for pics if you are doing them like Missy did. Let me know and call me about comin' down! We only have 1 month left!:(

Marissa said...

Well I guess Chris talked to you or Bobby and I think we will figure out when we are coming out tom. We all just have such crazy schedules!